Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Meatball Pasta

My momentum to blog was slightly interrupted due to the short school break for PSLE marking week. During the school break, I prefer to venture out with my boy and spend more time with him rather than sitting in front of the laptop. Oft times, once I turned on the laptop, I would be unknowingly sitting hours in front of it and neglect my little one.

Whilst writing this post, I'm feeling of a mental block and thoughts incoherent. Anyway just record and share another quick and easy meal here.  Since I usually cook for 2 person, I do not do marketing that often. I like to use up whatever limited ingredients and condiments in my kitchen to conjure a satisfying meal of Meatball pasta. Enjoy!

Meatball pasta
(served 2)

Ingredients/ Method
a) Linguine or any pasta

b) 80g minced pork
1/4 yellow onion, diced
1 small garlic, diced finely
salt, crushed pepper, mixed herbs and dried parsley, to taste
1 cream cracker, crushed finely
1 heap tbsp corn flour

c) 1 clove garlic, diced finely
2 tomato, diced coarsely
200g Spaghetti sauce (I used Prego Italian fresh mushroom sauce)

d) 1 hard boiled egg, sliced into quarts

  1. In a pot of hot water, add 1 tsp salt, boil pasta per instruction indicated on box.
  2. Drained and toss some olive oil to prevent pasta from sticking (if not cooking immediately). 
  3. In a bowl, marinate minced pork with all ingredients (b) until well mixed. Roll into 8 small balls and set aside for at least 30 mins. 
  4. Fry the meatball in a pot (with enough oil to cover at least up to half the meatballs) on medium heat, and until golden brown. Takes about 5 to 7 mins. Remove and set aside. 
  5. In a saucepan, saute garlic till fragrant. Add in tomato and give it a few stirs, followed by spaghetti sauce. Turn off the heat when sauce boils. 
  6. Add in pasta to the sauce and stir evenly. Next add in meatballs and stir.
  7. Ready to serve, and add sliced egg on top of the pasta. 

No comments: